Mistress Crow Darkstride

Mistress Crow Darkstride
My Dark Queen

The Critter Crusader Strikes Agian


Monday, December 1, 2008

Karma's Bitch

Karma’s Bitch
Ack!'
So anyone who knows me knows about Latin Thunder that lives upstairs. Today as I fed my birds I glanced out the window and saw two of my heavy footed neighbors out in the snow trying to shovel out thier car with a broken shovel. I don't know why I had pity on them considering how many migraines they have contributed to. But I did and thus the story unfolds. I cut my finger open trying to open the window to call out to them so I opted to banging on the window and signaling them to come to my door. I handed them a snow shovel I got in the hall and some pizza boxes. Upon realizing that there was a language barrior I tried using hand motions as to why I was giving them pizza boxes. They never got that concept but they made use of the snow shovel. Now it gets interesting. I come across the knowledge that the snow shovel was the property of the woman next door. I apologized several times and she said all was well. All was NOT well...not well at all. I hear her spazzing in the hall talking to herself and well...suffice to say I knew I was Karma's Bitch. The story ends with her yelling at the Mexicans. "Mine MINE..mine..." Suffice to say she retrieved her shovel, I gave them the two in the hall that actually did belong to the building after telling the confused duo that she was a "mucho loco gringa" and thier car was shoveled out, the walk was cleared and they were amazed by my bi-lingual skills. I have to say I am a bit frazzled, my finger hurts like hell, my feet are froze from the snow puddles in the hall that my compression hose soaked up and I am one hot mess. I have come to the conclusion that today...as several others have when I try to do the right thing has been trumped by Murphy's Law. So I end up being Karma's Bitch.

1 comment:

Dawn Cox said...

see, i knew me teaching you a lil spanish would pay off so quitate la ropa!