Mistress Crow Darkstride

Mistress Crow Darkstride
My Dark Queen

The Critter Crusader Strikes Agian


Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Daughter Wrote this Autobiography Paper for school.

My Daughter Wrote this Autobiography Paper for school. It touched my heart so I wanted to share it with you.

This is a challenge that i struggled to over come, and a few things I am about to tell you I have done to over come it. But I wasn't alone in this challenge, my Mom always stood by my side helping me through this task.

When I was six years old, I was in a terrible car accident. While I was in the hospital, I missed out on a lot of things in school mainly reading and I had to work to catch up. So for the past eighteen years, I have struggled everyday with trying to learn how to read. For instance the word DOES It'd mix up the E and S. Even though I had that problem everyday, I would read and write different things to improve at reading and writing, and everyday I would get better, but I would still be behind the rest of my classmates. So even though I thought I was doing good, reading with the class was still hard and it showed when the test scores came back. That would always get me down in the dumps. I felt slower then the rest of the students, I felt well, just plain dumb. Even if all that maybe true, I still didn't stop reading. Over time, I read Edgar Allen Poe, my Mom would read it to me and then I would want to read some. I may not have understood every thing that was going on in the book, but my Mom would explain it to me. The reading was difficult but I still kept at it and the more I read the faster I got. Then, the words became clearer and when I read in front of the class, it was like the chip I had on my shoulder finally left. It was a great feeling because I didn't stumble, and I didn't try to mumble the words just to get by to the next one. Over coming this challenge has made me a better person today because it lets me know that I wasn't dumb. And if I work hard enough I can go through any obstacle.

Stupidity is a talent for misconception....Edger Allen Poe.

1 comment:

Dawn Cox said...

wow lucky ducky! way to go. writers unite in us all!